What is it?
An assessment of your walking technique (gait) to identify any aspects of your gait that could be improved to enhance your movement patterns.
Using observation and slow motion video footage of you walking on our treadmill or outside we look at foot placement, stride length, leg alignment, arm swing, shoulder control, trunk and head posture. We may also do specific tests on joints and muscles to assess flexibility and strength.
We will then tailor a programme to address any problems identified. This may be physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation, a programme of strengthening or stretching exercises and specific walking drills. We will also offer impartial advice on footwear.
Who is it suitable for?
Walkers of all abilities can benefit especially:
- Those wanting to improve their walking style
- Those wanting to achieve distance or time goals for their walking
- Those training for a specific event or challenge, such as the 3 Peaks Walk or Coast to Coast
- Those who struggle with pain or injury through walking
Why should I have an assessment?
- To help prevent injury, especially recurrent problems
- To improve performance and help you achieve your walking goals
- To optimise walking efficiency and allow the body to perform economically
- To rehabilitate after an injury as injury can affect gait
Who will do the assessment?
Physiofit physiotherapists are specialists in sports injury treatment and rehabilitation and are also walkers themselves.
- Jenny has worked for over 20 years as a sports physiotherapist with a specialist interest in walking, running and cycling injuries. She has completed both the national and Yorkshire 3 Peaks for charity as well as 4 marathons.
How much will it cost?
The assessment will cost £120 and last 80 – 90 minutes.
Initial remote appointment
(45-60 min) £48.00
Follow up remote appointment
(up to 30 min) £35.00
Initial face to face appointment
(45-60 min) £52.00
Follow up face to face appointment
(up to 30 min) £38.00
(45-60 min) £60.00
Follow up appointment
(up to 30 min) £44.00
Initial appointment - (45min)
Includes assessment & 25-30min massage
Follow up appointment - (30min)
Includes 25min massage
80 - 90 minutes - £120.00
Missed appointments and appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice may be charged.
Physiofit Chartered Physiotherapists offer professional assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of a range of injuries and conditions. We have links with local GP surgeries and liaise with other consultants and specialists to provide the best pathway of care for each individual.