Privacy Statement For Physiofit Leeds Patients and Pilates Clients
1. Information about Physiofit Leeds
We are a Physiotherapy and Pilates Practice based in Horsforth Leeds. We collect personal information about you in order to deliver Physiotherapy and Pilates services.
2. What personal information is collected?
We collect information from you which may include:
- your name
- your date of birth
- your contact telephone numbers (including mobile)
- your email and postal address
- your next of kin contact details
- your relevant health details including (a) current and past health/conditions, (b) current medication details; and (c) correspondence between physiotherapist and other health professionals
- your examination results and treatment
- your employment/lifestyle information
- any other information voluntarily provided to us by you from time to time
3. How is the information used?
Physiofit Leeds may use this information for the purposes of:
- keeping a legal record of physiotherapy/Pilates treatment and advice we provide
- ensuring continuity of care
- contacting named people in an emergency
- notifying you about changes to our services
- responding to queries from you
- managing and administrating health insurance claims
- responding to and addressing any claims made against us
- maintaining records for tax and compliance with applicable laws
4. For how long is the information kept?
Personal information will be retained by us for as long as is reasonably necessary, or as defined under applicable healthcare laws and regulations, to provide our services, and to maintain records. It is also retained to satisfy tax and other legal or regulatory requirements, as well as to protect and defend against claims.
5. With whom is personal information shared?
We do not share your personal information with any third party except the following:
- health insurers/medicolegal organisations or solicitors, at their request, where you are claiming through them for treatment (They will have previously have obtained your consent for us to report back to them)
- our insurers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us
- with your consent, other health professionals if and when required, this may include GPs, consultants and other allied health care professionals
6. How is the personal information stored?
- Paper documents are stored in locked cabinets in locked rooms
- Digital documents are stored on password protected computers protected by anti-virus software
7. What are my rights?
You have the right to:
- request a copy of your information
- ask us to correct information that's wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes
However some information we are required to keep for a certain length of time by legal or regulatory requirements.
8. Updating Physiofit Leeds Privacy Statement
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Statement, wish to request access to your information, make changes, or wish to see our full data policy please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0113 258 1020.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that are downloaded onto a device when a website is visited. Cookies allow a website to uniquely identify a browser or device and store some information about preferences and previous visits to the site.
Cookies can then be used to help understand how a site or service is being used, help to navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, and generally improve the browsing experience. You can disable any cookies at any time, but this may stop our website from functioning properly. This website will not share any personal information with third parties.
Facebook Feed App
Adobe PDF Viewer
To access the Members' Area of our website, you are required to enter a username and password that is set by us each term. The log in details are remembered by the website until you close your window or browser